Group Land Buys
At Fruit Haven, we encourage people to become a part of the change and buy their own land.
This results in more vegan-owned permaculture land for growing fruit forests and living sustainably. A great way to advance our mission, and to help you own your own land. Food-producing tropical land is a great investment that holds its value better than almost anything else. Plus, it gives security to you and your family - if it ever became necessary, you always have the option to "live off the land."
Participating in a group buy provides these benefits:
- Your name on the land title as a co-owner. Ecuador has a secure title system and as a foreigner, you only need a valid passport to buy land. You do not have to be present here, you can purchase remotely if you wish. We do a thorough map and title study on each land to prevent future boundary or ownership disputes.
- A personal homestead lot. Depending on the size of your share, you will receive a mapped and marked portion of the land that is legally tied to your name. Here you can build your house, plant fruit trees, etc. We also offer remote management of planting and construction in case you'd like a cabin and fruit trees but aren't able to come here right away to have it done yourself.
- A legal contract between you and the other owners, to prevent future problems. This includes land use, shared property expenses, dispute resolution, and other important clauses.
- A percent ownership of the property. For example, if you buy a share in Fruit Haven 3, you have a 5% ownership of the property.
- A share in the property development fund. This is included in the share price. The property development fund includes shared property expenses like taxes, boundary marking, water system, and path and trail maintenance. It also includes maintenance of a "community area" with house, workshop, internet, etc, so that owners have a "home base" while they are working on developing their homestead lots, and so that guests and volunteers have a place to stay. The community area can also be used to host retreats and events.
Learn about why we chose Southeast Ecuador for Terra Frutis and Fruit Haven:
Learn about owning land in Ecuador:
Learn about the basic structure of Fruit Haven group land buys:
Fruit Haven 3
There is currently a group-buy opportunity of a 66-hectare lot next to Fruithaven. This lot is now a part of the Fruithaven project, complete with a legalized charter agreement between owners. We currently have 2 remaining spots available, and are selling 5% shares (with a 1.5 hectare homestead lot, and access to the community area) for $8,500. Please send an email to email@example.com if you are interested and would like more information.
Fruit Haven 4
There is another group buy opportunity of a 60-hectare lot, also next to Fruit Haven. This 60-hectare lot is riverfront, closer to the road and civilization, and more ideal for people who are older, have children, or have other accessibility issues. Send an email to the address above with more info. Click here to see proposed buy-in costs and share details. If interest allows, we hope to add options to make this property very family-friendly (playground, childcare area, etc.) Click here to see some pictures of the FH4 property.
Fruit Haven 1 & 2
There are currently 2 shares of Fruit Haven 2 for sale. They are 5% shares for $6000 each, plus closing costs (around $800.) No land is tied to each share because the owners have not selected their lots yet, so we can assist you with the personal homestead lot claiming process. Each share includes the option of EITHER: [[ (1) A 0.75 hectare lot "up the hill" on the eastern part of the property, and a 0.09 hectare (30x30meters) lot by the river / community area. ]] OR [[ (2) a 0.84 hectare lot "up the hill" on the eastern part of the property. ]] The eastern part of the property is up the large hill and is accessible via a trail that is currently being turned into a proper access road that can be accessed by ATV or electric/motorized bike. Contact us for details if you're interested in buying these shares and becoming a FH2 trustee.
There are currently no other shares for sale of Fruit Haven lots 1 & 2. If any become available, they will be published here. If you would like to make an offer for a Fruit Haven 1 or 2 share, send an email to the above address and we will see if any owners are interested in selling.
Other Investment Opportunities: Click here to view additional investment opportunities in Fruit Haven.