FruitHaven is a village for fruitarians and raw vegans in Ecuador.
At Fruit Haven Ecovillage, we are creating a sustainable eco-village and a functioning permaculture fruit farm. We hope to inspire local farmers to see fruit production as a profitable endeavor; an alternative to deforestation and cattle grazing.
Our community values are important to our unity and success:
- A strong work ethic: Responsible care-taking of the land to maintain and increase production of fruits and vegetables
- Permaculture methods of farming
- Consuming raw, unfractionated, unprocessed foods
- Abstinence from addictive mind-altering substances such as alcohol and other drugs
- Maintaining spiritual health through meditation and yoga
- Not harming/domesticating other animals or exploiting them for our gain
- Maintaining a de-centralized, non-hierarchical structure in the community
Located in the foothills of the Andes on the edge of the Amazon rainforest in Ecuador, the tropical climate is ideal for durian, marang, rollinia, mamey sapote, jackfruit, papaya, and much more. The farm already produces plantains, bananas, papayas, pineapples, abiu, sugarcane, oranges, local/wild fruits, and many tropical perennial vegetables such as katuk and malabar spinach.
Contact us to inquire about staying as a volunteer, joining as a community member, or buying into the project as a trustee with your name on the land title.
At Fruit Haven, we envision a worldwide network of decentralized, autonomous, fruitarian communities, operating in a sovereign manner, with a comfortable balance between the rights of individuals and the functioning of the community. Growing an abundance of our own fruits and vegetables and eating a raw vegan diet will provide the physical backbone of superior health, while non-violent communication and consensus-based decision making processes will provide the organizational backbone of a resilient and successful community. Through the use of permaculture methods of cultivation, we will help to restore the world’s ecosystems to their healthy natural state, while creating an example to guide others. Above all, we celebrate health, wholeness, and connection to nature in a community of conscious fruit-loving individuals.
The best time to plant a fruit tree was 10 years ago. The second best time is now!